I returned home this weekend, sad to have paused my adventures abroad, but excited to get back into the swing of things at home. There’s just under a month until I’m off to university!
The last few days I’ve been overcome with jet lag, so the majority of my time has been spent watching the olympics – which have been awesome! I’m still trying to organize my photos from the trip, but I promise that I’ll have them up soon!
Today, however, I’m sharing my amazing time at plant-based food blogger Ella Mills (Woodward) of Deliciously Ella and her husband, Matthew’s, deli. The Mae Deli offers delicious and healthy food, in a cozy and homey environment. The staff was unbelievably friendly and I’ll admit, I had a bit of a fan girl moment when I saw the shop!
The most popular lunch option is the Mae Bowl – which gives you a generous portion of four dishes of your choice.
I chose the Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew with Brown Rice, the Mediterranean Tomato Salad, the Summer Slaw and the Squash and Summer Veg Quinoa. I’ve made this stew so many times at home and it was incredible to try the authentic dish at the deli owned by the genius who created it!
We also got a peanut butter slice for dessert! I love that they have so many tasty options that are all wheat, dairy and refined sugar free.
I 100% agree with their philosophy!
I couldn’t resist picking up a Mae Deli bag as a keepsake!
I still can’t believe I’ve been to The Mae Deli! I adore Ella’s cookbooks and outlook on a healthy lifestyle and am so jealous of Londoners who can visit her deli on a weekly basis.
Hopefully I’ll be back soon!
Today was my last day of high school classes – ahhhh! I’m so ready to move on to bigger, better things and was thrilled to hear the bell ring one last time. Although I will admit that the day has kickstarted a few fluttery feelings in my gut. I’m celebrating the end of exams and my high school life with a Dairy Queen sundae, Finding Dory and a few of my favourite favourites from the week.
Favourite Workout Video (PlyoJam Sexy Butt Workout):
Favourite Quotes: * Cue the thrilled/relieved/nostalgic/anxious tears *
Dream Destinations (26 days until I leave for these beautiful places – and a couple more!):
Notting Hill, London, England
Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain
Favourite Bite (Sunflower Seed, Kale and Cherry Salad with Savoury Granola by Half Baked Harvest):
What’s inspired you this week?
- Daisy Ridley was a force to be reckoned with in this stunning midi gown by Chanel Haute Couture. The Star Wars gal’s dress took over 1000 hours and 20 people to create, but we can all agree that it was well worth it.
- Chrissy Teigen – as always – is blowing everyone away in this elegant Marchesa gown. And nothing beats that baby bump!
- Rachel McAdams defines simplistic beauty in this August Getty gown. The deep back and the slit add a show stopping touch.
- Jennifer Lawrence was captivating in this Dior Haute Couture gown. Her sleek bob won best hair for the evening.
- Naomi Watts’ Armani Privé gown glimmered and frankly she reminded me of a mermaid, which was pretty cool.
- Margot Robbie shone in this gold snakeskin texturized gown by Tom Ford.
- Saoirse Ronan embraced her Irish heritage in this emerald sequin Calvin Klein number.
- Cate Blanchett was regal in this Armani Privé gown. The robin’s egg blue highlighted her skin tone and the detail brought a unique look to the red carpet.
- Priyanka Chopra’s classy and feminine dress by Zuhair Murad was beautiful on the red carpet.
- Alicia Vikander was the belle of the ball in this classy strapless gown by Louis Vuitton. Congratulations on your win for best supporting actress, Alicia!
- Olivia Munn brought colour to the runway in this tangerine Stella McCartney one shoulder gown.
- Rooney Mara’s Givenchy Haute Couture dress had lace detailing that was accentuated by her deep lipstick.
Which red carpet look did you love most?