Mmmmm mmmmmmmmmm; nothing beats the smell of these famous cinnamon buns fresh out of the oven.
My mom has always been a lover of this recipe, so at my house we never pass on an opportunity to whip up a batch! It’s so quick to throw into the bread-machine and tastes delicious!
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons room temperature water
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons melted butter
1. Put milk, water, egg, butter, salt, flour, sugar and yeast into bread machine in order.
2. Select dough/manual cycle.
3. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly-floured surface. If necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle. The dough will be soft.
4. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Roll dough into a 14×9-inch rectangle and generously brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Place remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter in bottom of 10-inch diameter by 3-inch high round baking pan.
7. Sprinkle dough evenly with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
8. Roll dough up tightly like a jelly roll, starting from the long side; pinch seam to seal.
9. Remeasure and shape back into 14-inch-long roll. With a sharp knife, cut into 2-inch slices.
10. Arrange slices in prepared pan and cover loosely with greased wax paper.
11. Let rise for 20-30 minutes or until doubled in size.
12. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a separate plate.
This recipe makes approximately 7 large cinnamon buns.
I suggest that you eat them straight away before anyone else can!! Or if you want to be nice, sharing is fun too 🙂
Aimé By Aimé