I must admit that 7 hours into my flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt I am desperately craving these delicious scones. So simple and delicate like a pastry, I would consider my feelings towards this treat an addiction.
Simple Scones (modified from: AllRecipes)
Yields 8 scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter, frozen
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and eggs until smooth.
4. Grate frozen butter into flour mixture. Use your fingers to work in butter.
5. Use a fork to stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough into a ball.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten into a 7- 8 inch circle about 3/4 inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 8 triangles.
7. Decorate with assorted berries and chocolate chips. Here I used raspberries, blueberries and chocolate chips.
8. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until golden. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these scones as much as I do! I can’t wait to make more – but first, French and Italian pastries!