The Christmas season has officially begun for me after baking these legendary cookies. They’re simple to make, with endless possibilities for cutting and decorating; and I might add, quite satisfying for a holiday sweet tooth.
Christmas Shortbread Cookies
2 cups softened butter
1 cup white sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Mix in flour.
4. Stir in vanilla and icing sugar.
5. Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick; cut cookies into desired shapes.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Eat as many as you’d like.